For the past few months I have been delving into drugstore makeup or drug store priced makeup! To be honest it has been wonderful my bank is thanking me but also my face is too. People always assume that cheap makeup isn’t the best quality when in fact they are wrong their are some products you can get super cheap which are better than some high end, in my opinion. So here today I am sharing with you my top 10 pretty penny products to help you save but maybe to even introduce you to some new brands…
1. Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer (£7.99) This stuff keeps my skin from looking oily but also gives me a complete smooth base for when applying the rest of my makeup! I think this also is very similar to Benefits Porefessional Primer.
2. NYX HD Concealer Wand (£5.50) This has recently replaced my Nars Creamy Concealer as I think it is longer lasting and creases a lot less but it’s about a quarter of the price, something you just can’t argue with. I do however wish this came in a few more lighter shades as I am super pale but being fair they’ve got a pretty good range.
3. NYX Studio Finishing Powder – Translucent Finish (£8.00) I recently picked this up to take to Glastonbury Festival as I was worried about taking my Laura Mercier one. This stuff however is the bomb! It feels super velvety on the skin and stops all concealer from creasing.
4. Max Factor Creme Puff Blush (£8.99) I went insane for these blushes when they were released as they are exactly like the MAC baked blushes. I don’t really like a lot of the shades but the one I always wear is called ‘Nude Mauve’.
5. MakeupGeek Eyeshadows (£4.95 – £7.95) After discovering MakeupGeek I completely stopped going to MAC for my shadows as MG’s are creamer more bendable and of course the price tag is lower, not much lower though. However a great thing about MG and also NYX shadows is that their shadows fit a MAC eyeshadow palette. So no need to buy another one or freak out that your MAC one isn’t complete.
6. Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (£7.99) So I’ve never really seen the point in buying an expensive gel eyeliner as lets be honest they all dry out and honestly this one does too. I wear eyeliner near everyday so buying a new one every 4-6 months doesn’t bother me even if it’s not finished considering the price.
7. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (£7.99) We have all heard me rave on repeatedly about this mascara so nothing needs to be said, it’s my ride or die product.
8. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (£5.50) If you’ve been reading my blog recently you will know that I have fell head over heels in love with NYX as a brand. They do the best makeup ever for such a small price. So no shock that their Soft Matte Lip Creams made it into here. My fave shade is ‘London’.
9. Maybelline Colour Sensational Matte Lipstick (£6.99) I have the shade ‘Nude Embrace’ which is a complete dupe for ‘Honey Love’ by MAC, I love being able to find a cheaper alternative so I can show you guys but also for when I’m in a situation where taking my more expensive option is a risk like a festival.
10. Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks (£9.50) So the most expensive on the list is by far 100% best kept till last. I only have three but my Beauty Bay basket is full of a lot more shades. These are incredible and honestly last 24 hours!